What’s Happening This Week
at Crystal Springs?
Week of October 7, 2019
School Hours 9:30 am– 4:00 pm
Early Release Wednesday 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Currrent dates
- Every Moment Matters
- Important Safety Reminders
- PBIS at Crystal Springs
- School Delayed or Closed
- Newsletter Links
Daily Schedule- Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri- 9:30-4:00
Collaboration Wednesdays- 9:30- 2:30
EVERY MOMENT MATTERS
Every moment matters at Crystal Springs. We are excited to have Parent/ Teacher Conferences coming up. Here are some questions that can help guide your discussion with your child's teacher:
1. Is my child performing on grade level in math and language arts?
2. Are there behaviors you see at school (both good and bad) that you think I might not be seeing at home?
3. What subject area is emerging as my child’s strongest this year? What subject area still needs more progress?
4. I know grades don’t tell the whole story. Is my student giving his or her best effort?
5. How can I encourage age-appropriate accountability at home to support what you are doing in class?
6. What are you observing in regards to my child’s organization skills? How can I encourage them to be more organized without doing it for them?
Important Safety Reminders
Please remember to sign in at the office and get a visitor sticker whenever you are on campus. This is required by all NSD schools, No exceptions.
When walking across the very busy street in front of the school, we need everyone to use the crosswalk. Traffic is automatically stopped for pedestrians at the crosswalk. Other cars are having to stop to avoid hitting someone because parents are darting across the street with their children 😳 before and after school.
Thank you for helping to keep your child safe before, during and after school.
PBIS AT CRYSTAL SPRINGS
Did you know that Crystal Springs is considered a PBIS school? What is PBIS? PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports. This means that we are working together as a whole school to better support your children by teaching and encouraging respectful, responsible, and safe behaviors. One way that we do this is by teaching “The Roadrunner Way”. Roadrunners are safe, respectful, and responsible. These are the three pillars of our PBIS program.
We have a “Climate Committee” that meets two times per month. This committee is made up of teachers, staff, our school counselor, and administrators. Our mission is to provide a positive, safe, healthy, nurturing and respectful environment in which all students have the opportunity to become productive members of society. We provide this through:
1. Development of clearly defined and consistent student expectations and accountabilities.
2. On-going teaching and modeling of expectations.
3. Educationally sound methods that foster student character, safety, academic excellence and individual citizenship.
As a parent, you can help us by encouraging the same behaviors at home and being involved in your child’s education here at Crystal Springs. We would love to have a parent join our climate committee and attend one meeting per month to collaborate with us as we work together to meet the needs of all children at Crystal Springs. Please email Anne Nielsen at email@example.com if you are interested.
Find out starting at approx. 5:00 am:
• Check the NSD Home Page https://www1.nsd.org
• Call NSD Information Line, 425-408-6001
• Check Local Radio and TV Stations
• Call Crystal Springs, 425-408-4300, Press 9
Emergency and weather-related problems can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students.
The district uses an automated message system to quickly send alerts to families. In the event of a school or district emergency, the district will contact families and staff using one or more of the following options: phone call, text message, email and/or push notification. In addition, the district will provide emergency information via web postings, recorded information lines and social media postings. Early morning notifications will be sent as early as 6 a.m., if possible.
If no schedule changes are posted, schools and buses are operating on normal schedules.
Notifications will only work if your contact information is current in the student records system. Please update your contact information annually with your student's school. You may also download our mobile app. Instructions are available on our mobile app page.
FIND OUT IMMEDIATELY
Here are ways to find out if schools will be delayed or closed:
- local radio and television stations provide district/school information on a continuing basis beginning around 5 a.m. Since conditions vary from one district to another, it is very important to listen for mention of Northshore School District #417.
- FlashAlert.net - a self subscription to the Puget Sound Emergency Message System
- Our District Home Page
- Northshore School District Information Line (425) 408-6001 (a recorded message line)
- Your school's main phone number, when the voicemail service answers, press option "9"
- Our mobile app
EMERGENCY/INCLEMENT WEATHER MAKE UP DAYS
If emergency/inclement weather school closures occur, make-up days will be added to the end of the school year.
November 2019 Newsletter
*Please Click On The Link Below...
"What's Happening at Crystal Springs this November 2019" for Important Articles and Looking Ahead Dates...
- October Newsletter 2019